Thursday, June 1, 2017

The Fairest Month

I can't believe that June is already upon us,  where have the months gone.
One minute we were watching snowflakes fall, the next the landscape is green and full of new promise.
How time flies.........
 
 


 "Mine is the Month of Roses; yes, and mine
The Month of Marriages! All pleasant sights
And scents, the fragrance of the blossoming vine,
The foliage of the valleys and the heights.
Mine are the longest days, the loveliest nights;
The mower's scythe makes music to my ear;
I am the mother of all dear delights;
I am the fairest daughter of the year."

~  Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
 







 
 

 
 
 

12 comments:

local alien said...

Happy June!

rebecca said...

Yes! The "fairest daughter of the year"!
Our June is starting out SO beautifully....mild/cool temperature; clear sky. Does the heart good♥

DJan said...

Love the poem and pictures. It makes me think of that old song, "June is Busting Out All Over." :-)

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

Gorgeous photos!! Your garden is ahead of mine, for sure. Not much blooming here just yet....but the Rhodies are putting on quite the show!

Collie222 said...

What great pictures! You are surrounded by beauty!

Seaside Dreams said...

Just beautiful

Patsy said...

Your photo's say peace and quiet!

Susie said...

Jo, I always love when you include some poetry.:):) Your views there are beautiful. It would be so hard to inside when there's so much to look at and enjoy. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

annie said...

I just love your photos! Always so beautiful.
I think of songs in association with months..
June is Busting out all Over for June of course
but May is always Julie Andrews singing the Lusty Month of May

NotesFromAbroad said...

Oh a praying mantis !! I have not seen one in so many years !!
Those clouds are fabulous ... I took so many photos of the skies back in my country house .. I am hoping to move back there in that area, I will take more sky photos :)

Betsy Brock said...

Such beautiful photos! We've had near perfect weather the first two days of June! I could do with a few more! haha.

L. D. said...

Everything is so wonderful. The deer are so special. The sunset is kapow!!!!!